While we were up in Minnesota for Christmas, Steph's sister Megan made Oreo Balls for a family Christmas party. They were delicious! So good, that Steph and I attempted to make our own. After a couple of tries to melt chocolate, they came out well.
The recipe for Oreo balls is pretty basic, here is how we made ours:
- 1 package of Oreo
- 1 (8 oz) package of Cream Cheese
- 1 package of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 package of White Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp of Vegetable Oil
- In a mixing bowl, crush the package of Oreo until you can't stand it anymore. Ideally, there should be no big chunks.
- Slowly mix in the package of cream cheese.
- Roll chunks of Oreo mix into balls, cool for 1 hour.
- Slowly melt 3/4 package of chocolate in the microwave. Microwave on medium power for 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval. When most of the chocolate begins to melt, add about 1 tsp of vegetable oil to thin out the chocolate. Dunk half of the Oreo balls you made into the chocolate, covering them completely. Set aside to cool, and repeat with the other package of chocolate and the other half of your Oreo balls.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over Oreo balls.
- Chill and enjoy! Goes great with a nice tall glass of milk :-)