Serves: 4 - Serving Size: 3 oz
This spicy seafood dish will delight everyone.
- 1 lb Cod (or other fish) Fillet
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Hot and Spicy Seasoning Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Wash and dry fish. Place in dish. Drizzle with oil and seasoning mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until fish flakes with fork. Cut into 4 pieces. Serve with rice.
Hot and Spicy Seasoning
Makes: 1/3 cup - Serving Size: 1/2 tsp
Spices can make the ordinary extraordinary. Here's a great all purpose spice mix.
- 1 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- 1 1/2 tsp Thyme
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's Keep the Beat - Heart Healthy Recipes.